Slate Floor Scrubbing, Cleaning and re-Sealing Aberaeron Ceredigion
Whilst in the process of removing the carpet in the lounge of our client’s home in Aberaeron Ceredigion, we discovered this beautiful and original Welsh slate slab floor hidden under layers of carpet and underlay in the hall. These slate slabs were probably fitted when the house was first built.
The images show the process that we went through to restore, scrub and seal the slate floor.
- We started by removing all the layers of carpet and underlay
- Step 2 involved the removal of carpet adhesive, paint spills and any lose flakes of slate.
- For step 3 we power scrubbed the entire slate floor area with our power scrubber and solutions.
- Finally we applied two coats of slate seal to provide a satin look and protective finish to these beautiful slate floor slabs.
- The slate slabs are now to their original beauty with the added bonus of the wear and tear from the years of use through the decades
- These slabs as with any and all natural stone tiles and slabs require occasional cleaning and re-sealing dependent on use and traffic.